Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Office happenings

Yesterday at work, I was sitting in my office and through the paper thin walls I heard some guy sigh for about 8 seconds, by far the longest sigh I've ever heard (by at least 6 seconds).  The funny thing is my office is not adjacent to any offices that house men... So perhaps it was a very long, very loud sigh. Yeah, I feel you, buddy.

Speaking of offices, I recently cleaned out my work-at-home office.  Despite the fact I will probably never use them, I decided that these items were worthy of saving (aka, taking up space):

- Not one but two graphing calculators... You know, in case there's a calculating EMERGENCY and one isn't working and my computer simultaneously isn't working, I'll think, Wow, I'm glad I have a backup.
A general overabundance of office supplies.  More pens than will ever be used (I'm sure the ink will dry up in many before they ever have the chance to touch paper, especially since I generally prefer pencils instead), more pencils than will ever be used (especially since there are these things called word processors now), etc.
- Manuals.  I bet most of these manuals can be found online, so there's no need to save the hard copies.  Plus I don't think anyone in my generation even uses manuals. But in the event that the internet is down and there's a printing EMERGENCY, I have a trusty manual to reference.

Yeah. Prolonged sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment